I’ve posted about this quilt a few times over the last several months. I thought I’d have this top finished before now but, alas, that wasn’t in the cards. I finished it yesterday and I’m beyond thrilled!
This quilt was fun to piece, and I enjoyed working with colors that aren’t typically mine. I love bright and fun and all but even I admit that it’s a change of pace for me.
I went to my favorite local quilt shop to find a border but nothing worked. I contemplated a blue inner border, piano keys, a spotted outer border and combinations thereof. I played with prints I used in the quilt. I added some black and white for contrast. Nothing quite work and I decided if I have to work that hard for a border then the quilt doesn’t need one. Besides, the original doesn’t have a border, either.
I plan to mimic the quilting on the original. There are a few changes I’m going to make so quilting will be easier. The original quilt was hand quilted and since I plan to quilt this on my machine the changes will make quilting more fluid for me.